ホーム
About
The adventures and misadventures of Elder Shaw as he teaches among the Japanese, and is no doubt taught in return.
Head to the 'Profile,' section to read more about who I am, and what I believe in. For more information on where I actually am, please click
here.
横顔
Profile

My name is Brian Shaw, though you can just call me エルダーショー (Elder Shaw). As of the 19th of May 2010, I have been rigorously engaged in serving the Lord by laboring to bring the Japanese people back to their savior, Jesus Christ; and I will continue to do so faithfully until the 19th of the same month in 2012.
I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I have an unshakable testimony that this church
is of Christ. I know Christ lives, and I know he suffered for my sins, so that I could return to live with my Heavenly Father after this life. I know that Joseph Smith, the founder of this church in the latter days, was called of God to restore Christ's authority to this earth, and establish the covenants and ordinances that were lost long ago. I also know that Joseph Smith was given a set of gold plates to translate into scripture called the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
If you would like to know this just as I do, please click
here, or click
here for a
free copy of the Book of Mormon.
2 Nephi 25:26
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
文
Entries
12.24.2010 / 6:59 AM
Merry--What?
Hey everyone! Sorry again for the late e-mail, but we had to move
P-day over a day because of splits with the Zone Leaders. Also, I have
very little time, I much apologize. (Uhh... Sorry, that's my Japanese
coming out... I could fix it, but whatever.) Can you believe that it's
Christmas already? Have I really been a missionary for that long?
Well, I trust no one has changed or done anything since I left...
Right? I expect you all to be exactly how I remembered you when I
return. Just saying...
Anyways, this last week has been full of things that I don't have
adequate time to describe. First, we went to Misawa USAF last Sunday
for Church. It was way fun! It's a branch of about 200 or so Americans
and it was great to completely understand everything everyone was
saying! When they asked me to bear my testimony and what not, all I
could think was 'Boy! This is sure easy in English!' Hahaha...
Sometimes it's easy to think that serving in America would be a whole
lot easier... But I'm sure English speaking missionaries have a whole
bunch of challenges I don't have to worry about. Like dealing with
people who have a Christian background. Or using the bible. Haha,
everyone is buddhist here, and they accept the BoM as easily as they
accept the bible... So I almost never use it! That's a definite
blessing of Japan.
Anyways, this week also we had our first district meeting ever! Yay!
It was very nerve wracking to have to prepare for a two hour block of
time, but I think it turned out alright. Elder Yatsunami helps me out
a lot. He's so amazing!
Oh gee. No time. Well, the final cool thing this week was splits with
the zone leaders! It was amazing! Combined between the four of us, we
found 5 investigators in one day! In Japan, that's really something
(maybe it is other places too?). And the Zone leaders had lots of good
advice for me and Elder Yatsunami. I wish I could talk to you about
all the people I'm working with... But I'll just mention one: Francis.
He's a Phillipino who has been living in Japan for 13 years. But he's
fluent in Japanese and English. And he's amazing! He's served as a
missionary 2 times (for a Catholic church) and spent over 5 years
working with Humanitarian aid in the Phillipines. He truly is one of
the most saint-like people I have ever met! He's met with the
missionaries a long time ago, and was close to baptism once... But
couldn't ever accept only one church being true. He's belief is that
all churches are true, and he wants to help them all. Which is great!
But not so great for his and his families salvation... :\ Any advice?
Please feel free to share :)
Ah! Sorry, I have no more time. I love you all and thanks so much for
your continued support and love and prayers.
Oh wow! I almost forgot! The Christmas phone call. SO here is how it
works. I have 40 minutes on a date and time I decide that fits in my
schedule. I give you my phone number, and you call me at that time.
Pretty simple, right?
So. Mom. Please call me at 4:00pm on CHRISTMAS for 20
minutes. It will be 7:00am in Japan(the next day).
Dad, please call me at 4:20pm on CHRISTMAS for 20
minutes. It will be 7:20am in Japan (the next day). (Just in case, in
your old age, you forgot how to add time! ;) Haha, just kidding!)
Okay. Sorry I don't have time to share any miracles or a message on
Christmas. It's true! Just remember that! Talk to you soon! Byeeeee!
--
Realistically
シャウ 長老